At Costello Pharmacy we want you to provide you with the best possible experience while using our website, and we want you to be 100% confident purchasing online from us. Please take the time to carefully read our policies and terms & conditions.
You must be over 18 to register for an account with Costello Pharmacy, place orders with Costello Pharmacy or subscribe to any e-marketing features. Costello Pharmacy do not collect information on persons under the age of 18.
- Types of Information Collected
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify you. This includes your name, email address, billing address, shipping address and telephone numbers.
Non-Personal Data is information that cannot be used to identify or contact you. This is statistical and analytical data about the customer journey in our online store, web browser activity and patterns, cookies, log files, web beacons, tags and pixels.
- Why we may collect the Data
Why we collect Personal Data
• To provide you with products and services you have ordered, including arrangement of shipping
• To provide you with invoices and/or confirmations
• To contact you regarding your order and provide order updates
• To respond to communications
• To provide you with information relating to our products and services
• To advertise our products and services
• To offer competitions and prize draws
• To inform you of promotions/events etc.
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To fulfil any contractual obligations
• To comply with legislation
Why we collect Non-Personal Data
• To improve and optimise our website
• To enhance consumer experience on our online store
• To assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns
• To estimate audience demographics and size, usage patterns and click rates
• To store user preferences and personalise content
• To catalogue search terms used
• To track return visitors
• To screen for potential risk or fraud
- How we collect the information
When you register with our website
When you register with our website, we create an account for you and record your details in our database. Any time you make an order, we record your billing and shipping address details in our database so that you can select them quickly the next time you create an order.
We collect the following:
• First name/Surname
• Address details
• Phone number
• Password details (passwords are encrypted and not accessible by us)
• Order history details
• Product wish list details
When you complete an order
During the order process we collect the following information:
• First Name/Last Name
• Address Details
• Mobile Phone Number
• Order Details
When you make a Payment
Global Payments Our website uses Global Payments for securely accepting credit card payments. We never record your credit card details in our database but pass these details on to Global Payments. More information about Global Payments can be found here: https://www.realexpayments.com
PayPal Our website accepts payment via PayPal. We never record your credit card details in our database but we do pass these details on to PayPal. More information can be found here: https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
When you complete a contact form
Data supplied via contact forms are recorded in our database. We reply to all contacts made directly through email. Examples of forms included in our website include:
• Contact us
• Ordering a prescription form
• Vaccination form
• E-marketing signup form
• In connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site
Data collected via these forms include:
• Email Address
• Message info
• Contact number
We use Mailchimp to engage with our customers via email. A customer may subscribe to our email via:
• the checkout process
• contact us forms
• sign up to newsletter
• create an account/register
The data collected includes:
• email address
• order history
• wish lists
• abandoned baskets
There is an UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of all communication received from us so that you can unsubscribe from our email database at any time. Alternatively you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone on 066 7121075.
All activity on our website is recorded with Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers are using our website. We analyse the performance of the website and is essential to understand our online business.
You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here:
You can opt out of Google Analytics here:
- Other Websites
- Sharing of Information
We will not share or disclose any information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- Security Costello Pharmacy operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
- Customer Rights
Costello Pharmacy is the data controller and responsible for your privacy when using this website. We will use this information subject to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and any applicable data protection legislation in Ireland and the E.U.
In the EU, under the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2002 the customer has a number of rights including
• Right of access: the right to access data relating to you
• Right to rectification: the right to rectify/correct data relating to you
• Right to object: the right to object to processing of data relating to you
• Right to restriction: the right to restrict the processing of data relating to you
• Right of erasure: the right to erase/delete data relating to you
• Right of data portability: the right to port certain data relating you from one organisation to another
- Contact Us
Any questions, comments or queries regarding this Privacy Statement please email us at email@example.com